Cisco SD-Access Control Plane Protocol LISP, I discussed with the inventor of LISP, Dino Farinacci
Published at : 29 Oct 2020
Do you want to learn Cisco SD-Access and control plane of it which is LISP.In this video, Orhan Ergun is discussing with Dino Farinacci who is an inventor of LISP, not only LISP as a control plane but all below topics. As usual Jeff Tantsura is with Orhan as a co-host in this video.
1. What are most common use cases of LISP? Which one do you see in real deployments?
2. What does LISP control plane and LISP Data Plane means?
3. Can you talk about LISP role in Cisco’s SD-Access?
4. Is there vendor interoperability? Can I use LISP with Cisco and other vendors in the same network? Or is it just some software implementation?
5. Can LISP replace BGP? Many people talked about this use case in the past, what do you think about it?