COME FLY WITH ME on a narrated tour of the Wenatchee, WA area from the Rock Island Dam to the Rocky Reach Dam. I managed to squeeze in this 15-minute flight just before I had to pick up paying passengers near the Rocky Reach Dam. Never one to miss an opportunity, I got the cameras rolling and wound up with two video tracks to combine for this video.
About Me and the Helicopter
- I have been flying for about 20 years. My nearly 4,000 hours of flight time is in Robinson R44, Robinson R22, and Bell 206L (Long Ranger) helicopters.
- The helicopter is a Robinson R44 Raven II -- the same one that appears in the photo at the beginning of the video. You can learn more about them here: https://robinsonheli.com/r44-specifications/
I own this helicopter. It is the third helicopter I've owned since 2000.
- My helicopter has ADS-B Out and is picked up by radar facilities. You can see my track for recent flights on Flightradar24: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n7534D
This is a great site for tracking any almost any flight, including the airlines.
About the Video
- The video was recorded with a pair of GoPro cameras, one of which is connected to the helicopter's intercom system. Both cameras record audio, but I dialed down the helicopter sound to about 25% of normal volume so it wouldn't be annoying. I wouldn't mind leaving it out altogether, but lots of folks seem to want it, so there it is.
- The video was edited on a Macintosh using Screenflow software. (Screenflow was the only affordable software I could find that allowed me to do picture-in-picture.) Learn more about it here: https://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm
- The intro music is by Bob Levitus, famed "Dr. Mac." You can find him here: http://www.boblevitus.com/
I'm trying to drop flying videos like this one every Sunday morning and usually drop "extras" with more info about owning and operating a helicopter midweek. I'm also working on putting together occasional livestreams with Q&A chat. Subscribe so you don't miss anything new! And tell your friends. The more subscribers I have, the more motivated I am to keep producing videos like this one.
Still reading? Thanks! Maybe you'll consider buying something from my Etsy store to help support this channel? Start here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FlyingMAir