In this lesson, you can learn how to describe a picture in English.
Describing a picture is useful in many English exams; you need to describe images in English for exams like FCE, TOEIC or PTE. Do you have an exam coming up? Get study advice from a professional teacher here: http://bit.ly/ooe-teachers.
It’s also a good way to practise your general English skills. Take an interesting picture, and try to describe it in English. You can practise your speaking and learn some new English vocabulary!
In this lesson, you can learn how to describe a picture in English in clear, detailed language. We’ll show you how to build an answer step-by-step.
See the full version of this lesson on our website: https://www.oxfordonlineenglish.com/describe-pictures.
1. How to Summarise What You See 0:48
2. How to Describe Where Things Are 2:38
3. Adding Detail to Your Description 4:37
4. Speculating About the Picture 7:08
5. Speculating About the Context of the Picture 10:15
6. Making a Longer Answer 12:06
This lesson will help you:
- Learn how to make a summary of what you see.
- Use more detail when you describe a picture in English.
- Understand how to explain where things are in the picture.
- Learn how to speculate, or make assumptions, when describing a picture.
- Make guesses about the context of a picture.
- Create longer answers when you describe a picture in English.
SUBSCRIBE to continue improving your English! https://goo.gl/UUQW8j
Become an OOE member to see our newest lessons before they're available to the public, and more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNbeSPp8RYKmHUliYBUDizg/join
See more free lessons like this on our website: https://www.oxfordonlineenglish.com/.
A big thank you to the Alphabet translation team from Syria for the Arabic captions!