Ikat cane is a very useful cane to know for many purposes - patterns, flower petals, inclusions in other canes, faux embroidery and weaving, and more.
In this tutorial I will show you how to make an Ikat cane in a very simple way, while maintaining control over your result.
I will make more tutorials about the use of an ikat cane in making polymer clay flowers, and probably more about weaving and embroidery patters.
Enjoy and happy claying!!!
I buy my Premo, Fimo and Pardo clays and many other supplies from PolyClay Play. https://polyclayplay.com?aff=2
If you have any questions, suggestions or requests, either post here on my channel under the "discussions" tab or contact me through my website or Facebook page.
My website: https://www.kalyanadesign.com
My facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kalyanadesigntutorials/
My Pinterest page:https://www.pinterest.com/kalyanadesign/
My blog: http://kalyanadesign.blogspot.com/
You can support me to make more tutorials and keeping my channel ad-free by:
1. Becoming my sponsor; being my sponsor, for a small amount monthly you can have access to spons-only live broadcasts and free access to my paid tutorials. Read more here: https://bit.ly/2zYAR20
2. Purchasing from my Amazon influencer store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/kalyanadesigntutorials
3. Purchasing something from my online store (including tutorials). Everything is used to make more tutorials.https://www.kalyanadesign.com/index.php/home/store
4. Making a one-time donation using the button on my website or my blog (look on the right side of the page)
5. Purchasing something from Poly Clay Play using the link on my website or directly my affiliate link https://polyclayplay.com/?aff=2
- I get a tiny amount of credit with the store for each of your purchases (without changing the price you pay) and that adds up and helps me buy the polymer clay and other supplies I need for tutorials.
6. Putting any amount of money you wish on an Amazon gift card using my Amazon wish list (link also on my website and blog - Amazon automatically lists the cards at $50 but you can put any amount you want) with no private information exchanged https://amzn.to/2Cw8fiT
Disclaimer: this video description and possibly some narration in the video contain affiliate links. If you click them and purchase something, I will get a small percentage revenue. As I explained above, it helps me with the costs needed to make these free tutorials. But, unless specially indicated in the video/video description, I do not specifically promote those products over others.
Notice of copyright:
The copyright notice refers to the tutorial itself. By US Copyright Act, as well as by international copyright treaties to which the US is a signatary, techniques cannot be copyrighted. To quote the US Copyright Office Circular 2, "Ideas, methods, and systems are not covered by copyright protection."
Different than other artists, I will tell you: do exactly what I do in the tutorial, until you are able to do it exactly how I do it. That means you will have mastered the technique and you will be able to start tweaking it and putting your personal touch to it and grow as an artist.
Just please do not copy the tutorial itself and don't present as yours my techniques. It might not be illegal but it's not ethical.
And remember, I love seeing photos of what you did using my tutorials, and if you send some to me, I will feature them on the Kalyana facebook page!
Music: "Cute", "Buddy", "Little Idea", "Ukulele" and "Sunny" by composer Benjamin Tissot (https://www.bensound.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 Licensehttp://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Coming back to the art world after years of not being able to do much.
I still have some health issues and my hands don't always work like they should.
So sometimes I might show you how it's done but if I have a bad day, I probably won't do it perfectly.
Please like and subscribe! It costs you nothing but it's important to me!
If you have any questions, suggestions or requests, either post here on my channel under the "discussions" tab or contact me through my bloog, FB page or online store.
You can follow me:
My blog: http://kalyanadesign.blogspot.com/
My facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kalyanajewelry/
My online store: http://www.kalyanadesign.com
Yes, no Etsy. I'm one of the many former Etsy-ers who went rogue because we didn't agree with Etsy's new policies.