Link to my Twitter handle - https://twitter.com/KesariDhwaj
- In the intervening nights of 29th and 30th August, and then subsequently on 30th and 31st August, the Indian Army took a series of steps to control the ridge-line along the Kailash range in the Chushul sector.
- This development is being seen from a narrow perspective of its impact only on the Chushul and Pangong Tso sector.
- As is shown in this analysis, by taking the ridge-line along with important features like Rechin La, Rezang La, Mukhapari, Gurung Hill, Black Top (possibly), Indian Army has removed a major threat to our India's defenses in the Eastern Ladakh sector.
- Location of Chushul is such that any break-out by the Chinese from Spanggur Gap gives them an option to mount offensive against Indian positions towards north as well as south.
- The Chinese army has in theory isolate Indian positions and troops in the Chang Chenmo river valley (Hot Springs, Gogra), Ane La pass, Fingers Area, block DSDBO road, or mountain an offensive against Leh along Darbuk-Chang La axis.
- Towards south, Indian positions and troops in various sectors like Demchok, Ukdungle, Chumur etc can be isolated, their road link with Leh broken and troops attacked from the rear.
- And the biggest threat is that Chinese break-out from Spanggur Gap gives them a possibility to develop a major offensive towards Leh through the highway which runs along the Indus river.
- Please see the analysis and share your feedback and comments in the comment section.
- Also, if you like the analysis, do subscribe to the channel and share it with others as well.