The ASX200 is eyeing a lift of 0.7% at the open following Wall Street’s lead overnight.
The FDA announced Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine met expectations for emergency use, which is a crucial step before full approval. If the FDA approves the vaccine, it will be the second vaccine approved for use in the U.S..
What to watch today:
- Afterpay (ASX:APT) and Xero (ASX:XRO) could likely see an increase in buying from December 21 as they will be added to the ASX50.
- Kogan.com (ASX:KGN) will be added to the ASX200 on December 21.
- Auckland International Airport (ASX:AIA) is set to report traffic numbers today.
- ANZ (ASX:ANZ) holds its AGM today.
Local trading ideas:
- ANZ (ASX:ANZ) was reiterated as a Citi buy with a $23.75 price target.
- Downer EDI (ASX:DOW) was reiterated as a UBS buy with a $6.30 price target. Downer is selling its WA Open Cut Mining business for $205m.
- RTG Mining (ASX:RTG), Collins Foods (ASX:CKF) and Netwealth (ASX:NWL) are all showing bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.
Find Bell Direct here:
#ausbiz #tradingideas #belldirect