Gigafactory Texas on 6 November 2020! This is where the Cyber Truck and Model Y will be built!
A cloudy yet nice and warm November morning, excellent weather to fly at Giga Texas today and lots of new things to see!
Big news items include:
- They have tripled the number of footers on the west (smaller) foundation side and continue GeoPier work
- They have begun adding more columns and beams to the steel structure in the Paint Shop area
- The first very large concrete pre-fab column (massive) arrived yesterday by truck and is waiting for installation in the Big Pit area
- Big Pit area getting a lot of concrete this morning, filling in the area that connects the three individual isolation foundations
- The smaller pit isolation foundation has concrete filled walls and they are constructing the huge column bases (that I believe will be where the pre-fab concrete column will be mounted at some point
- The south part of the switchyard area has a lot of gravel and fill applied, making it very level and looks like it might be another staging area
- Many more shipping containers and other equipment, including another crane are on site
- They look to be in demo mode for the lone house on the east
- At the rate they are going, we might see a much bigger vertical building structure in the next 24 hours or so emerging!
Thank you for watching and I hope this has been informative, educational and entertaining for you. If you would like, please consider supporting me via Patreon (link is in the description of this video and in the video itself) so I can continue to make and share these incredible videos.
Follow me on
Instagram (Joe’s Last Chance Garage) for the latest updates: #joeslastchancegarage
Facebook Joe Tegtmeyer and Joe’s Last Chance Garage
Use my Tesla Referral code https://www.tesla.com/referral/joe66892
Be sure to check out additional Texas Gigafactory footage on these channels:
Video, photos, illustrations and commentary on this video is by me, Joe Tegtmeyer unless otherwise annotated.
Music in this video is obtained from the YouTube free and unrestricted and royalty-free use library